LEAP Platform 0.8.2 Release
We are releasing Platform 0.8.2 today. This is release fixes a potential security issue where VPN clients are able to communicate with other connected VPN clients. It is just a minor release to fix bugs, security issues and further stabilize the 0.8.1 release. This release has only a few, but important, changes. By design it does not contain any new features. Please see below for requirements and details for upgrading.
UPGRADING: It is tricky to upgrade the OS and migrate the database. Please follow our upgrade tutorial.
WARNING: failure to migrate data from BigCouch to CouchDB will cause all user accounts to get destroyed.
- couchdb errors on specific users
- fix mail sending domain
- fix Tor hidden services for static sites
- fix Tor hidden service hostname
- fix for tor not being restarted when the key or HS hostname is changed
- fix leap add-user when gem is missing
- fix for leap cert csr not creating cert files
- fix for bind9 being greedy and taking over unbound’s role
- fix some unnecessary puppet messages
- fix mail delivery/clamav tests
- fix static host apache virtual host configuration
- fix for DKIM keys not getting deployed
- fix for VPN allowing network access to other connected clients
- remove unnecessary nagios soledad check
- fix missing auth.log
- fix duplicate syslog messages
- extend local check_mk checks
- use nodelay socket option for couchdb httpd server
- Now, soledad and couchdb must be on the same node.
- Requires Debian Jessie. Wheezy is no longer supported.
- Requires CouchDB, BigCouch is no longer supported.
- Requires leap_cli version 1.8
- Requires bitmask client version >= 0.9
- leap_mx 0.8
- webapp 0.8
- soledad 0.8
- Commits: https://leap.se/git/leap_platform.git/shortlog/refs/tags/0.8.1
- Issues fixed: https://leap.se/code/versions/209